Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Warm-up America Block

My local knitting and crochet group is working on some Warm-up America blankets to donate locally in our area.   So I set to work with some, I love this yarn from Hobby Lobby and an I hook,  made this...
a Tunisian block.  

Here is the pattern...

Size: 7" x 9" 

With a worsted wt. yarn and an I hook or hook needed to obtain size.

Remember tunisian has a foward row (the stitches worked across) and a return row.

(Return) Row:  Yo, pull through 1 lp, [yo, pull through 2 lps] across until 1 lp remains on hook. 

Chain 24.  

Set-up Row:  Insert hook into each chain across and Return. 
Rows 1 & 2 :  TKS in each st across and Return.
Row 3:  TKS, TPS across and Return.
Row 4:  TPS, TKS across and Return.
Rep Rows 3 & 4:  until measures 8 1/2".
Next Row: TKS and Return.  
Last Row:  TKS slst in each st across.   Fasten off and weave in ends.  

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Valerie Mizgalski said...

Nice one, Gwen! Thanks!